Monday, May 15, 2017

Rites of Passage Ceremony 2017

Before fading feeling that I felt in the Rites of Passage Ceremony 2017, I should write something about this because this is the exact feature of why and what I like the US. Some of the people that I know maybe could make fun of me by saying that you become a pro-America. But I don't care at all since everything has pros and cons,  every character has two sides of a coin or even more.

When I was invited by my friend and before I attend the ceremony, I felt a bit of excitement, thinking of some drama or some image usually shown that, sunny day, chairman's address, and throwing caps over a head after the ceremony. Sorry for saying that interesting point, at least to me, is this dominant image of which most of the main characters were white.

The day, however, was different. Arrived at the place, I noticed something different atmosphere. The people passed by me was one by one, almost no white. I checked the brochure, and I got to know this is one ceremonies for black and latino student among the many graduation events. Oh my gosh! How the university could do this kind of event! The ceremony was full of hope for the future, that was based on respect for the ethnic tradition, solidarity for social progress and emphasis on service for the community. By that time that I watched this graduation ceremony, I got to love Rutgers and honored to be here.

The thing I will remember is that there is no reason that we don't have to be a solid one, but what we need is solid belief that coexist together as the way we are with respect. Thank Liza and congratulation.
 http://prcc.rutgers.edu/rop2017/








No comments:

Post a Comment